Xiaomi just recently launched the latest MIUI 12 firmware update globally earlier this month. While the MIUi 12 already released in China a while ago, this is the effort for the global stable ROM for Xiaomi across the globe. At the global launch, Xioami announced the schedule and the list of Redmi and Mi phones to get this update and when. It was just a week later that the global beta ROM will be released. Sure enough, today some of the flagship devices called Redmi K20, K20 Pro. Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro are receiving the global stable ROM.
The latest MIUI 12 firmware features include a complete Dark Mode 2.0 that can even force all apps dark, Super Wallpapers, enhanced privacy and protection tools, new gesture navigation and bar, new animation engine called Mi Light Cone animation framework (LCAF). This LCAF technology will animate various parts of the system like icons, app launch or close, toggles, system gestures, and more. All this can be available on the latest MIUI 12 global stable ROM now available for download.
As you can see, the MIUI 12 beta users are now receiving an incremental OTA update weighing 655 MB in size. We have already posted the stunning MIUI 12 ROMS download links for several Xiaomi phones including the flagships Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, K20, K20 Pro, Poco X2, Note 8 Pro, Note 5, and many more. However, those are China beta ROMS. Here we will be posting all the MIUI 12 global stable ROM with full stock firmware.
Here is the latest MIUI 12 global launch event recap:
Download MIUI V220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM for K20 and Mi9T
Here are latest available MIUI 12 global stable ROM full stock firmware with build number V18.104.22.168.QFJMIXM for Xiaomi Redmi K20 or Mi 9T and MIUI 22.214.171.124 for Redmi K20 Pro or Mi 9T Pro.
While these are Recovery ROMS you may only be able to install it using MIUI updater app or stock recovery method if you are a beta registered user. You can sign up for MIUI 12 from here. However, the registration may be closed for now. So flash it via TWRP recovery if you will.
How to install MIUI 12 global stable ROM onto Xiaomi devices?
- Download the MIUI 12 OTA update or Recovery zip file from above.
- Transfer the update zip to phone storage in the root directory. Meaning, outside every folder. If that doesn’t work, place the file in the folder ‘download_rom’.
- Launch the updater app on your Xioami phone. Or go to settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and choose “Choose Update package”
- If “Choose Update package” option desn’t show up, tap on the MIUI icon several times and check again.
- Select the MIUI 12 ROM package from phone storage.
- Your phone should reboot and update process will begin.
- Once done, reboot to system.
Note: Don’t stop the update once started. If stopped, you will need to do the operation again right from downloading the firmware file again. This will not erase any data in your phone.