Good news for all the Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G users as the Chinese OEM has started pushing the latest firmware update that brings the all-new MIUI 12 skin, other system improvements, and a bunch of new features. The update is based on Android 10 and bumps up a software version V188.8.131.52.QGHCNXM for the Chinese variant Redmi K30 4G units. Yes! Currently, the update is live in China and will soon arrive in other regions via batches. Meanwhile, all the interested users can download and install the MIUI 184.108.40.206 China Stable ROM for Redmi K30 4G by following this article completely.
By the end of last year, Xiaomi has released the Redmi K30 4G (Codename: phoenix) model with Android 10 on the top of MIUI 11 skin out-of-the-box. The new software update brings new system animations, redesigned UI, privacy protection, ringtones, app permissions, floating window, AI call assistant, Xiaomi health, control center, accessibility settings, dark mode, trips, Mi carrier services, messaging, improvements in home screen/camera/weather, and a lot more.
Check Software Updates (OTA)
Xiaomi always roll-out the firmware OTA update to its eligible devices in an incremental manner and it may take a couple of days or more in order to arrive on all the units completely. Although we will recommend you to check for the OTA update manually from the device Settings > About Phone > Software updates.
Alternatively, you can head over to the Software Updater app directly on your device and check for the OTA update. If the latest update is available, then just download and install it. Ensure to connect the device to the Wi-Fi network and maintain battery level at least up to 50%.
MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically-based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in-app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full-screen gesture.
- New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split-screen and floating windows.
AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- New: Our new low-power consumption AI algorithm allows you to count steps and track workouts whenever your device is with you.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Font weight is adjusted to Dark mode as well, reducing blur and glare.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
Status bar, Notification shade
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to the Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: A new mode for scanning documents
- New: Dashboard with the stats that cover 4 weeks is available now.
- Optimization: New design makes your Screen time stats more comprehensible.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: New full-screen gestures for switching between apps are available.
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now.
- Some features might not be available on this device. Visit www.miui.com to learn more about MIUI 12.
Now, if in case, you’re not receiving the firmware OTA update, then we will recommend you to manually install the firmware update on your device by following the guide below.
How to Install MIUI 220.127.116.11 China Stable ROM for Redmi K30 4G (V18.104.22.168.QGHCNXM)
Installing the stock ROM or upgrading the MIUI version on Xiaomi devices is comparatively easy. But you should follow all the pre-requirements and downloads below before proceeding.
- Supported for: Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G (phoenix) only. The device should be running on stock ROM to apply the update.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup: Take a full Backup of Phone Data at first to keep the important files safe.
- Charge: Keep your device charged more than 50%.
We recommend to take a full backup first. GetDroidTips will not be held responsible for any type of issue on your device while or after following this guide or even flashing any file. So, proceed at your own risk.
Instructions to Install:
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI 22.214.171.124 China Stable ROM on Redmi K30 4G. Check out the guide link below along with a video tutorial as well.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
We hope that you’ve updated or installed the latest MIUI version on your Redmi K30 4G (phoenix) successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.