The Chinese tech giant Xiaomi has released its new smartphone called Redmi K30 5G in early 2020. The handset offers upper mid-range specifications that include SDM765G SoC, Android 10 (MIUI 11), a 6.67-inches display with a 120Hz refresh rate, 6/8GB RAM, 64/128/256GB onboard storage, 64MP quad rear cameras, 30W charging for 4500mAh battery, and more. Now, talking about the software version, Xiaomi has started pushing a new firmware update for the Redmi K30 5G in China. All the interested users can Download V184.108.40.206.QGICNXM: MIUI 220.127.116.11 China Stable ROM for Redmi K30 5G.
The new firmware update brings the all-new MIUI 12 stable version with redesigned system animation, improved UI, a bunch of privacy protection features, floating window, other system optimizations, Xiaomi Health, Control Center, Accessibility, Dark mode, Trips, System, Mi Carrier Services, System, Messaging, Home screen, Camera, Screen Time, Weather, File Manager, Calendar, Notes, Security improvements, Xiaomi Cloud, and others.
It also bundled with May 2020 Android Security Patch level for improved system security and privacy protection. The May 2020 patchset fixes a security vulnerability in the system component that could enable a remote attacker to harm the device system and data. So, it’s recommended to upgrade your handset first. Check out the firmware update changelog below.
- New: All-new physically-based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full-screen gesture.
- New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split-screen and floating windows.
AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- New: Our new low-power consumption AI algorithm allows you to count steps and track workouts whenever your device is with you.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn’t be used when Control center was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Font weight is adjusted to Dark mode as well, reducing blur and glare.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- Updated Android Security Patch to May 2020. Increased system security.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
Status bar, Notification shade
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: A new mode for scanning documents
- New: Dashboard with the stats that cover 4 weeks is available now.
- Optimization: New design makes your Screen time stats more comprehensible.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features upfront.
- New: New full-screen gestures for switching between apps are available.
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now.
- Some features might not be available on this device. Visit www.miui.com to learn more about MIUI 12
Check for OTA Updates
Xiaomi always roll-out the firmware OTA update in batches and it may take a while to hit all the units completely. So, you can either check for the OTA update manually or can flash the firmware file by following the guide below.
In order to do that, head over to the device Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check for updates. Alternatively, you can head over to the Software Updater app in order to check for the same. If available, just download and install it using the Wi-Fi network. Make sure to charge your handset at least up to 50%.
If in case, you haven’t received the OTA update yet on your handset, then check out the firmware flashing guide below along with the download links and requirements.
How to Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 China Stable ROM for Redmi K30 5G (picasso)
Installing the stock ROM or upgrading the MIUI version on Xiaomi devices is comparatively easy. But you should follow all the pre-requirements and downloads below before proceeding.
- Supported for: Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G (picasso) only. The device should be running on stock ROM to apply the update.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup: Take a full Backup of Phone Data at first to keep the important files safe.
- Charge: Keep your device charged more than 50%.
- Mi Flash Tool – Download and Install it on your PC
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools on your computer
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and install it on the PC
We recommend to take a full backup first. GetDroidTips will not be held responsible for any type of issue on your device while or after following this guide or even flashing any file. So, proceed at your own risk.
Instructions to Install:
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI 22.214.171.124 China Stable ROM for Redmi K30 5G. Check out the guide link below along with a video tutorial as well.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
We hope that you’ve updated or installed the latest MIUI version on your Redmi K30 5G (picasso) successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.